Join us on March 7th for Open Data Hackathon. This event is beginner friendly, target for data enthusiasts and anyone who wants to work with data. The event is organized by R User Group Nepal, Hackfiber , R-ladies kathmandu and Datasansar.
1. What is a Data hackathon?
Data Hackathon is learning by doing interesting data projects and team collaboration to bring numbers into insights in the course of the event.
2. What you’ll do?
During data hackathon, you may create explore data, summarise analysis report, or create dashboard application using open data.
3. What it’s not about?
– It’s not a programming competition
– It’s not a place to learn new skills right away
– It’s not a training event
4. What you get?
– Learning by doing projects with open data
– Work in team to tackle data specific problems
– Networking with data enthusiasts
– Swags to takeaway.
5. Pre-requisites (Target audience)
– Having basic of statistics (preferred)
– Having prior experience in working Data (R/Python/Excel/SPSS)
– Having interest in learning in data tools like R (preferred)
6. Learning Materials
– Setup R/RStudio: http://bit.ly/getRmaterials
– Learn R basics: http://bit.ly/3aktp0e
– R Tutorials: https://rugnepal.github.io/
Note: While we focus on R language (mentors), however you’re not limited to it (if you know other tools).
Venue: IIMS College (Dhobidhara, Putalisadak)
Date: March 7, 2020 (Saturday)
Time: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Cost: Free (Only selected will be invited)
Note: We’ve limited seats for participants.
Further details will be shared when you get selected.