Bsc CSIT can at first seem as a very generalized course, structured for students who enjoy programming. However, truth is very far from it. The course structure of Bsc CSIT is constructed for all those IT enthusiastic people willing to step inside Computer Science field. The course structure of Bsc CSIT does not only shape you to be an aspiring programmer but opens a lot of possibilities for you. Let’s dive deep into them one by one!
A developer essentially means a person responsible to develop something. In IT field, developers have very high respect among each other. Developers are responsible to create applications for companies, manage the UI and UX of certain applications!
Many companies today are hiring developers for creating websites and applications to serve their clients. The market is always open to developers and will remain open. Developing field in IT field includes minute to excessive knowledge of programming. If you are willing to step into this field, just keep in mind about creativeness. A lot of people are now stepping into development sector as it is the one that gives most output to you and the market. Hence, competition in development is very high. However, it is not something to fear about. Competition bring out best in people. Focusing on one programming language or culture that you find best for you and expertising in it while you study the course will benefit you in the future.
Skills that you need:
- Knowledge of basic programming practices
- Fluency in any language that is trending right now
- Quick decision-making ability
Development jobs that you can be a part of:
a) Front End Development:
Designing and developing the visual aspect of an application, be it in web or mobile layout.
b) Backend Developer:
Communicate the visual part of any application with a server for user interactivity and store user’s information.
c) Full Stack Developer:
Combination of Front End and Backend developer. Design the website’s visual aspect, and also connect it to the database and server.
d) Software Engineer and Developer:
Develop and design the software for clients or companies. It may sound similar to full stack development; however software engineering requires more experience and expertise. You will be working on building desktop application.
e) AI Developer:
AI developer need to work major in Image Processing, model training, Machine Learning, Deep learning algorithms. AI development is not quite popular in Nepal compared to others but is evolving and will gain market soon. One should be sound in mathematics and data structures and algorithms if you want to build your career as an AI developer.
2. Network Engineer and Administrator:
A network engineer is the person who must be skilled in maintaining the network of devices in terms of data, voice, videos, calls be it wired or wireless connectivity. A network Engineer must have certain skills:
- Skill to plant, implement and manage the computer networks that supports data transfer in terms of text, voice, images or videos.
- Skills to manage the existing network and expand the network infrastructure if needed.
- Must have sound knowledge in related field so s/he can solve issues such as Traffic Congestion, routing troubleshooting, hardware failures, etc.
- Install, remove or modify any hardware or software and creating backups of the network’s status along with monitoring the system’s performance.
- A CCNA certified Network Engineer is more likely to get a job.
3. System Administrator:
Many companies require a System Administrator so that they can ensure the smooth running of their enterprise. Companies regularly require upgrading the software and hardware in their computers. System Administrators are responsible for monitoring the software and hardware running on all system of the company’s systems and upgrade them if necessary.
A System Administrator needs to have certain skills:
- Ability to configure and install new software and hardware in the system.
- Ability to monitor and maintain the performance of the systems in the company.
- Ability to develop internal forums, documentation, IT policies for company employees.
- Adequate Knowledge about databases, networks and patch management.
Starting your own startups might sound outrageous at first but is a very good option for people having a certain vision about their product. Many Graduates from CSIT have started and are running successful startups in the country. As startups must be run slightly differently for every company, there are no certain skills that you need. However, excellent communication and presentation, knowledge about economic condition of current market, strong grasp on the startup idea, etc. are some required skills that you must have.
5.Cyber Security Expert:
As someone currently studying Bsc CSIT, I can assure you that CSIT has a strong course structure to make you a very well capable Cyber Security Expert. However, it doesn’t mean that it is enough. A cyber security expert must know ins and outs about the cyber threats, cyber crime rules and documentation on a company or a country. Skill Set for Cyber Security Expert are complex and are listed below:
- Enough knowledge about databases (SQLs, NoSQL, RDMS etc.)
- Ability to detect Intrusion in a system.
- Ability to analyze malware and reverse it.
- Enough knowledge about various programming languages.
- Enough knowledge about cloud security and cloud computing.
- Able to analyze secure security options and work on improving them.
- Must have profound knowledge about data structures and cryptography.
There are many other scopes that you can step into once you study Bsc CSIT; Algorithmist, Data
Scientist, System Analyst and Engineer, Database Administrator, Computer Scientist etc. are
some of them.
Bsc CSIT covers almost all aspects of Computer Science field and can help land a job to you anywhere. However, self-input is a major factor that can help you boost your performance and knowledge.